Students have the right to an education free from interference and disruption brought about by inappropriate apparel of fellow students. Students whose dress or appearance interferes with or disrupts the educational process within the classroom, school building, or on school premises shall not be allowed in school.
The following is a list of examples of expectations:
1. No suggestive or vulgar clothing with offensive pictures or slogans.
2. No wearing of apparel with slogans or pictures that have a negative or offensive double
3. No halter tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps, tube tops, etc., or bare midriff tops unless
appropriate outer garments covering the top are worn. Shoulders should be covered.
4. No clothing with alcohol, tobacco, weapons, illegal drugs, or other products of that nature.
5. Appropriate under garments must be worn and not be visible.
6. Skirts, shorts, skorts, etc., must be of appropriate length so they extend past the tips of the
fingers while standing with the shoulders relaxed.
7. No sagging pants or clothing in disrepair.
8. Hats, bandanas and sunglasses are not to be worn during school.
Violation of the above policy will be dealt with in the following manner:
First Offense: The student will be sent to the Superintendent's office. Parents will be notified.
Parents will be asked to bring a change of clothing in good taste or student will be sent home
to change clothing. A notation will be placed in student's file.
Second Offense: The student will be sent to the Superintendent's office. Parents will be
Notified. The student will be referred for detention for up to three days. A notation will be
placed in the student's file.
Third Offense: The student will be sent to the Superintendent's office. Parents will be
notified. Student will serve an out of school suspension. A notation will be placed in the
student's file. A hearing before the Board of Education will be required before reinstatement.